pennyaline

"jmcquown" wrote:
> I don't know about this specific brand. However I had an old electric
> percolator from the early 1960's which I wish I still had. Yes, it perked
> until the coffee was done. If you left it sitting, it would perk again,
> sort of as a reminder, hey, remove the basket and unplug me. It did not
> have any fancy automatic shut-offs. If you want something like that, buy
> Mr. Coffee. Freshly perked coffee is great stuff.

Agreed!

I all my years, I never saw a percolator that shut itself off. No pause in
perking... they just kept on going. When we were satisfied with the time
elapsed or the color and character of the coffee visible in the glass bubble
of the percolator lid, it was time to unplug and serve.

Mom was over the moon when one of the first Mr. Coffees came into the house
way way back. The percolator didn't have to be watched anymore, and the
filter baskets of an automatic drip were much easier to assemble and fill
than percolator baskets. Best of all: us kids could make the coffee now. It
wasn't all on Mom's shoulders.