Andrew H. Carter

On 01 Dec 2004 16:38:24 GMT, (PENMART01)
scribbled some thoughts:

>>Andrew H. Carter writes:
>>
>>(DevTester) wrote:
>>
>>>I recently purchased a older Manning-Bowman coffee percolator
>>>(possibly 1950's). It's in great shape, however, the machine keeps on
>>>percolating until you unplug it. I was hoping that the machine would
>>>stop percolating and continue to keep the coffee hot, but this isn't
>>>the case. Is there anything that can be done with this coffee maker?
>>>Is this normal behavior for an older coffee percolator?
>>>
>>>Thanks for any info on this issue.

>>Hook it up to a timer? Determine how long it takes to brew,
>>then have it shut off or reduce the power

>Timers don't reduce power, some sort of rheostat would be necessary,
>impractical for this perculator.

True, but perhaps one could figure a way. I bought from
Radio Shack a soldering iron temperature control switch.
You plug the iron into the switch then the switch into the
wall. The knob has a positive off and a red LED to let you
know there is power to it.

Perhaps examine the schematics of the timer circuit for a 2
hour coffee maker then go to Radio Shack and build one. Of
course as soon as you turn on a Mr. Coffee the warming plate
comes on, but perhaps if you have the right circuitry one
could make it so.

How 'bout some over kill? ;-)

http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/acce...ontrols2.shtml

Cyclestat 4 Timer with Photosensor

--

Sincerely, | NOTE: Best viewed in a fixed pitch font
| (©) (©)
Andrew H. Carter | ------ooo--(_)--ooo------