PENMART01

>Andrew H. Carter writes:
>
>(DevTester) wrote:
>
>>I recently purchased a older Manning-Bowman coffee percolator
>>(possibly 1950's). It's in great shape, however, the machine keeps on
>>percolating until you unplug it. I was hoping that the machine would
>>stop percolating and continue to keep the coffee hot, but this isn't
>>the case. Is there anything that can be done with this coffee maker?
>>Is this normal behavior for an older coffee percolator?
>>
>>Thanks for any info on this issue.

>Hook it up to a timer? Determine how long it takes to brew,
>then have it shut off or reduce the power

Timers don't reduce power, some sort of rheostat would be necessary,
impractical for this perculator.

The early Manning Bowman perculator apparently didn't contain any keep-warm
device, it was simply unlugged and the coffee served immediately.

Scroll down to M-B perc:
http://www.toastercentral.com/appliance1.htm

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********