Christopher Green

Default Decorative Rosemary; edible?

Richard Periut > wrote in message >...
> I have purchased a decorative rosemary plant, trimmed in the form of a
> pine tree.
>
> I went to their site http://www.pinerytree.com/ to see if they mention
> if it's edible, but they make no mention. They do mention every other
> use for it.
>
> There is no e-mail or contact number in the web site.
>
> I know it's rosemary for sure, but I don't know if they added some
> resin/chemical for decorative and aromatic qualities.
>
> I would also think that if it were not edible, it should be very clear
> on the pot it came with.
>
> TIA,
>
> Richard

Any true rosemary is edible, so long as the nursery didn't do
something like treat it with a systemic insecticide. Another remote
possibility is that it is a non-rosemary such as Westringia, which
would likewise be not edible.

Different rosemary varieties have greater or lesser culinary quality:
I find the common dwarf rosemary to have little flavor (and bad at
that), but the tall "Tuscan Blue" to be much more aromatic and
satisfactory.

--
Chris Green