Richard Periut

Default Decorative Rosemary; edible?

Dennis G. wrote:
> Richard Periut > wrote:
>

>>I have purchased a decorative rosemary plant, trimmed in the form of a
>>pine tree.
>>
>>I went to their site http://www.pinerytree.com/ to see if they mention
>>if it's edible, but they make no mention. They do mention every other
>>use for it.
>>
>>There is no e-mail or contact number in the web site.
>>
>>I know it's rosemary for sure, but I don't know if they added some
>>resin/chemical for decorative and aromatic qualities.
>>
>>I would also think that if it were not edible, it should be very clear
>>on the pot it came with.
>>
>>TIA,
>>
>>Richard

> Certainly it is edible. But leave it a few weeks in case it was sprayed with
> insecticide before being sold to you.
>
> Dennis

Thanks all for your comments.

It would make sense to wait a couple of weeks, since federal laws
mandate that pesticides be substances that become degradable over a
short period of time.

Richard

--
"..A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
beans and a nice chianti..."

Hannibal "The Cannibal"

Silence Of The Lambs 1991