Janet Bostwick

"Jarkat2002" > wrote in message

> I have a recipe that calls for 1 pk of cake yeast, I only have dry yeast
> in a
> jar.
> I can't get to the store in the next day.
> Can I convert the dry yeast into cake yeast? What would be the
> measurements?
> TIA
> ~Kat

Yes, you can.
The Red Star Yeast site says :
"RED STARŪ Active Dry Yeast is available in strips of three 1/4 -ounce
packets and in 4-ounce jars. One 1/4 -ounce packet of active dry yeast is
equal in activity to one 0.6-ounce cake of yeast. Three 1/4 -ounce packets
are equal in activity to one 2-ounce cake of yeast. A 1/4 -ounce packet of
active dry yeast contains approximately 2-1/2 teaspoons; the measurement
will not be exact as yeast is packaged according to weight rather than
volume. A packet of yeast is sufficient to raise 4 cups, approximately
1-pound, of flour"
Janet