Luca Pinotti

Bubbabob wrote:
> "timbrel" > wrote:
>
>> What type of pot do you prefer for cooking risotto and have you
>> noticed differences? I made risotto last night in a 5 quart copper
>> casserole. I thought it cooked too hot and the bottom was too big to
>> keep the rice cooking evenly. I had cooked in a Falk low-sided saute
>> pan that seemed to work better. Thoughts are appreciated.
>>

> Pressure cooker. People who haven't tried this seldom believe it but
> I've made better risottos with a pressure cooker and NO STIRRING than
> I ever have by the standard method.

NO!
Risotto must be cooked in a casserole! If you add broth and (a little) of
white wine little by little continuously stirring...
This is *THE* recipe.
Keep in mind that the rice "grow" while cooking. So use a large casserole.
But the important is that you add broth little by little always stirring.

Good luck

--
Nolite proicere margaritas ad porcos