Dale Williams

> I notice that in today's CSW catalogue that
>they've got the 2002 Huet "Le Mont" sec. Any experience with it, in
>this or any other vintage?

Huet makes wine from 3 vineyards - Le Mont, Le Haut Lieu, and Clos du Bourg.
Some of my Loire-natic friends can rhapsodize at length over the differences,
but I just know I like them all. In a good vintage like '02 they'll probably
make a sec, demi-sec, and moëlleux (and maybe the moëlleux 1er trie) from each
one.

I think they're mostly equivalent (within their classes), though some place
Clos du Bourg a notch above others.

I've liked Le Mont sec in the past, but not tried the '02 (I did buy a couple
of the '02 Le Mont demi-sec). Excellent wines, but I guess if push comes to
shove my tastes in dry chenin is more for Savennières than Vouvray.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply