Pete Romfh

Louis Cohen wrote:
> Those are cold-smoked, aren't they? Will you use a
> hotplate for heat?

I'm thinking to use a small fire i.e. 1/2 a chimney. It may take careful
monitoring in the "micro" environment of the WSM. Shooting for a smoke temp
of 170 - 180 initially with a rise to 250 at the end to get the internal
meat temp up to 155. I read that method in some of my reasearch.

I used a hotplate with a cast iron pan and wood chips to make jerky quite a
few years ago. Converted an old refrigerator into a smokehouse. It worked
pretty well except for the call to the fire department by a neighbor about
"a refrigerator on fire next door". Had to give the guy a pound of jerky to
"thank him for watching out for me". =

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
promfh at hal dash pc dot org