Piedmont

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
snip
> Anything that can be cooked in an oven can be cooked on the grill. For a
> whole ham, use indirect heat. Food on one side, burner lit on the opposite
> side.

Absolutely! I agree totally with Ed! For example if you have a Weber
kettle, get a round thin cheapy aluminum pan. Set it in the center of
the coal grill. place coals around the outside of the pan and set the
ham in the center of the grill, directly above the aluminum pan. You
could also place a sheet of aluminum foil under the ham to ensure that
the heat is indirect, leaving about 3 inches gap around edge of grill.
You could also do a Minion type deal with the coals, only lit 1/2 of the
coals in the ring of coals, allowing the unlit coals to burn as the fire
creeps around the ring of coals. Keep a space open at the end of the
ring so the coals only burn in one direction.

--
Mike Willsey
http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBarBQr/_whatsnew.msnw