jmcquown

DevTester wrote:
> I recently purchased a older Manning-Bowman coffee percolator
> (possibly 1950's). It's in great shape, however, the machine keeps on
> percolating until you unplug it. I was hoping that the machine would
> stop percolating and continue to keep the coffee hot, but this isn't
> the case. Is there anything that can be done with this coffee maker?
> Is this normal behavior for an older coffee percolator?
>
> Thanks for any info on this issue.

(snipped major cross posting)

I don't know about this specific brand. However I had an old electric
percolator from the early 1960's which I wish I still had. Yes, it perked
until the coffee was done. If you left it sitting, it would perk again,
sort of as a reminder, hey, remove the basket and unplug me. It did not
have any fancy automatic shut-offs. If you want something like that, buy
Mr. Coffee. Freshly perked coffee is great stuff.

Jill