Michael Plant

Christopher gy.com11/29/04

> Is there an organic, decaffeinated, black, loose-leaf Indian tea, that is
> strong yet not acidic? The my favorite is FOP India from Choice Organics,
> but sadly, it is caffeinated. When I was back in England in 2002, I found a
> good Typhoo decaffeinated tea, but that wasn't organic. Age has taken its
> toll. No tea drinking for me in the afternoon.
>
> Does the sort of tea I am looking for exist, or am I just a dreamer?

Oh, phoo, this serious. Some Darjeelings flow happily through multiple
steeps. These might offer solace. Begin drinking with the second or third
steep, and be willing to risk a possible sleepless night until you get the
formula exactly right. You are right to stay away from tippy. Dog Ma
informed us that the tenderest young shoots are the carriers of the highest
concentration of caffeine.

Michael
Hong Kong Back to China (Pu'erh)
Django Reinhardt (Guitar)