Hahabogus

"Julie Bove" > wrote in
news:bKwod.4478$5v1.3712@trnddc06:

> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
>
> > too much water Julie...... it froths and turns pink if too much
> > water
> >
> > my cranberry sauce is always red with a slight pinkish froth if i
> > boil it too hard

> Hmmm... I don't recall adding any water to it. I've tried several
> different recipes, using both Splenda and Aspartame and it always
> comes out pink.

You put about 2 oz of orange juice in a small pot over med-low
heat....you add the bag of crabberries and possibly the zest from the
orange. After the berries have finished bursting (5-10 minutes) you add
2 pkgs of sweetner (equivalent to 4 tsp sugar) off the heat; stir well
and taste so you can adjust sweetness if needed. There is no reason to
bring the cranberries to a boil...a good simmer will do the job. And if
you add the sweetner at the end you need less of it (don't know why). You
can add sliced toasted almonds and/or orange liquer if you desire. Brown
sugar flavoured sweetner adds a nice flavour. I like it a little
tart...hides sweetner after taste.

Yeah I know oj juice is carbish but 2 oz in something you're suppose to
use by the tablespoon averages out.

check the cranberries before they go in the pot...chuck out the bad ones
if any.

I help along the berries that don't seem to want to burst by pressing
them against the side of the pot, while stiring.

Maybe you are having a reaction due to the type of pot...I use a non-
stick non-reactive pot.

Works for me
--
Starchless in Manitoba.