kilikini

"Brick" > wrote in message

> On 26-Nov-2004, Piedmont > wrote:

(lots of mumbo jumbo snipped)

> Thanks for that link Piedmont. I never got to meet the Hound face to face,

but
> I did correspond with him some and I sure like his brine. Now that I've

finally
> used up my batch of Hounds brine, I plan to mix a batch of TFM®'s and see
> how that goes. Strangely, I don't see any other brines being as heavily

touted
> as those two. Frankly, I don't need a better brine, but a little variation

might be
> nice. Hound's old post said he kicked the bird up another notch by

injecting
> with butter/honey mix. I might try that next time, but I'm not at all sure

it's
> necessary. I've roasted two and spatchcock/grilled several more after

Hound's
> brine. If it gets any better, I don't care. May the Hound live forever in

our hearts.
> Just my 2¢.
>
> --
> Brick(DL5BF, WA7ERO, HS4ADI)

Brick, we didn't brine, but we did inject our birds with butter, honey &
garlic. Wow! Talk about a juicy bird! The flavor was excellent and the
bird literally almost fell apart after being on the WSM for about 4 hours.
We did two turkeys, there were 9 guests and no leftovers. TFM got rave
reviews from the attendees.

Turkey noodle soup will be on the stovetop today.

kili