Piedmont

M&M wrote:
> Tribute to Cuchulain Libby AKA 'Hound'
>
> We marinated a 6# chicken
> for three days this year in an exotic citrus brine and then roasted it for
> a little over two hours at 350°. I called it done when the fleshy part of the
> thigh reached 165°. We cooked it on a vertical bird rack in the convection
> oven. It is one of the tenderest, tastiest birds we've ever done. Side dishes
> were early peas, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and pecan pie. The
> gravy was made from the chicken drippings with a little sherry, flour and
> chicken stock. (I take back what I said about two hours not being enough
> for a bird this size. I don't know how, but it was damn well falling off the
> bone done. This one got a head start from room temp for 20 mins at 425°,
> then finished at 350° in a convection oven.) Skin was well crisped, but
> meat immediately beneath was extremely moist and succulent. No
> stuffing was used. The bird was basted at the beginning and end with
> a 50/50 honey/butter misture and S&P.
>
> God Bless you and yours.

Here is an old posting from Hound about how his brine came about,

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain

Miss ya Hound!
--
Piedmont, In northern South Carolina! Nestled between the Blue Ridge
Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean! Home to the Catawba Indian Nation!

BBQ USA - http://groups.msn.com/BBQUSA/_whatsnew.msnw