John R Weiss

"Donald Tsang" > wrote...

> (on a more serious note, are you used to cooking on electric? Electric
> stoves certainly doesn't get as hot as gas stoves...)

I think you'll find that among regular-grade (not "commercial") stoves, electric
stoves are rated at a higher BTU output than gas stoves on the burners. They
take longer to heat up, but put out more heat once they get there.

Some of the newer glass-top and "InfraRed" electric burners may be lower, and
there may be a few "high-output" gas burners, but on average the electric stove
will boil a pot of water faster.