Ray Calvert

If you ever visit a winery you will be amazed. Fruit flies everywhere and
EVERYTHING goes into the hopper. Wasp nests, bird nests, etc.

Just be clean. Store things dry. Avoid mold.

Winemaking is a very forgiving hobby. Wine itself is an excellent sanitizer
and there are no known pathogens that will live in wine.

The biggest cause of wine going bad is not lack of cleanliness nor fruit, it
is oxidation. After the fermentation slows down, after a week or so, you
must protect it from contact with air. That is what ruins wine.

Don't obsess over anything in wine making, just enjoy.

Ray

m...