drei

Default Italian 00 Flour

"graham" > wrote in message news:<38Fkb.129222$6C4.118269@pd7tw1no>...
> "drei" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to replicate the texture and consistency of real Neapolitan
> > pizza crust at home by using imported Italian 00 flour. I know that
> > King Arthur markets something that they say is a good imitation, but
> > I've read posts that suggest that it's made from a different kind of
> > wheat and am looking for the real thing.
> >
> > Can anyone recommend a good brand of 00 and tell me how I can obtain
> > it in the US?
> >
> > Thanks very much.

> Have you tried an Italian deli/grocery? The one I use from time to time
> has it.

There are several Italian delis in my area, including an expensive
specialty foods shop, and none of them has it. I'm looking more for a
mail-order or Internet merchant that sells it and can ship it to me.

Incidentally, a thank you to everyone on this group for the pizza
stone recommendations. I've hesitated to post an update because I
haven't had the new stone for very long, but I got a 15x20 Fibrament
stone and it works fine. In fact, the bottom of the pizzas cook
better than the last stone.