Old 15-11-2004, 01:36 PM
Damsel in dis Dress

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:21:12 -0500, Scott

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla. DO NOT STIR. Cool at room
temperature to 110F (about one hour - pan will be warm to the touch). Beat
with electric mixer until fudge thickens, becomes slightly lighter in
color, and begins to hold the "wave" patterns made by the electric mixer.

If I may suggest... add the vanilla last, when you beat the fudge with
the mixer. I would think you'd lose aroma/flavor by adding the vanilla
to the hot fudge and letting it stand for an hour.

Excellent point. Thanks!

Carol