Wayne Boatwright

Eric Jorgensen > wrote in
news:20041116210251.62012b4a@wafer:

> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:30:36 -0600
> "Hairy" > wrote:

>> > It's always the right time of the month for rational thinking.
>> >

>> Considering the millions of cake mixes sold each year, is it rational
>> to think that 'your way' is the only way worth posting about?

> You hit the nail right on the head. Yes, it is.
>
> Making a cake out of the right kind of flour, sugar, eggs, etc, while
> using the correct process is at the very least a craft.
>
> Working to perfect your recipe and process is at the very least a
> hobby
> and can be argued to be an artistic pursuit.
>
> If you use a ready-made mix it's just assembly.

Very well said. For many people it's any means to an end.

I make virtually perfect piecrust, and I spent many years endeavoring to
reach that end. For me, I cannot imagine using a piecrust mix or a
pre-made piecrust. Others wouldn't hesitate in using those shortcuts.
I'm not here to judge, but the final product is evidence itself.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.