Henriette Kress

Scott > wrote:
> The Joneses > wrote:
>
> > In several of my herbals, it's mentioned that one could lay a leaf of rose
> > geranium (sp. Pelargonium) in the bottom of a jar and pour apple jelly over,
> > then can as usual. Some rose geraniums are so engineered that they don't smell
> > too rosy, ya gotta be picky about the variety you use. Regular geraniums won't
> > do it.

> Entirely different thing than what the OP was asking about. These are
> rosehips:
> <http://www.wildcrafting.com/OldWildCraft/album1/RoseHips.jpg>

An apple jelly with either rose petals or scented geraniums is very likely to
produce a clear jelly that tastes faintly of roses.

Rosehip jelly won't taste of roses - unless you add rose petals from one or the
other strongly scented rose (damascena, gallica, rugosa ...), or rose geranium
leaf ('Attar of Roses' after a summer in full sun, mmmmmm!), of course.

Henriette

--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed