Vox Humana

"Scott" > wrote in message

> Pie Crust Peanut Butter Cookies
> 1 (9 oz.) pkg. pie crust mix
> 1 cup brown sugar
> 1/2 cup peanut butter
> 3 Tbsp. water
>
> Cut peanut butter, brown sugar and water into the pie crust mix. Place 1
> teaspoon dough on ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
> Flatten with a fork. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
> -------------------
>
> Pie crust mix? What's that? Are we basically talking about a sort of
> Bisquick for pies? I don't see the point. If it's just flour,
> shortening, sugar, and salt, it hardly seems to be a time savings, since
> most of the effort is in mixing with water and rolling it out. I *hope*
> it's not just graham cracker crumbs.
>
> It's been a couple of years since I read through r.f.r--I had gotten fed
> up with some really bad recipes (especially oil infusions and baked
> cake-in-a-jar) and stopped reading.

I can top the pie crust mix. A few weeks ago I was browsing the cake
decorating departing at my local mega store. I encounter a bag of "frosting
mix." I believe that this was a Wilton product and sold for some ungodly
amount - around $6.00. The ingredients were powdered sugar, salt, and
artificial flavoring. You just had to add some butter or shortening and
water or milk. How convenient. Let's see -- I could have purchased the 69
cent bag of confectioner's sugar and had the same thing.