Scott

In article >,
The Joneses > wrote:

> In several of my herbals, it's mentioned that one could lay a leaf of rose
> geranium (sp. Pelargonium) in the bottom of a jar and pour apple jelly over,
> then can as usual. Some rose geraniums are so engineered that they don't
> smell
> too rosy, ya gotta be picky about the variety you use. Regular geraniums
> won't
> do it.

Entirely different thing than what the OP was asking about. These are
rosehips:
<http://www.wildcrafting.com/OldWildCraft/album1/RoseHips.jpg>

In article >,
"Dwayne" > wrote:

> My wife made jelly from rose hips 28 years ago, and now we cant find the
> recipe. Would you please give us yours? I remember a clear jelly that had
> a rose flavor, she remembers mixing it with another fruit juice to make the
> Jelly. We could both be right, but that is a long time to try to remember.
> Thanks in advance.

There are many sorts of recipes. What my mother used to make was more of
a marmalade--a clear jelly (flavored from the rosehips) with chunks of
rosehips suspended in it.

As far as a jelly, is it possible that lemon juice was the added fruit
juice?
<http://www.recipegal.com/other/RoseHipJelly.htm>

Rose Hip Jelly
8 cups of rose hips
6 cups of water
1 box of certo
1/2 cup lemon juice
5 cups of sugar

Boil the rose hips for 10 - 15 min. until soft enough to crush. Crush
them and squeeze through cloth, to make juice. For every 4 cups of
juice add one box of certo and bring to a boil. Add the 1/2 cup of
lemon juice and 5 cups of sugar (1/2 tsp. of marg to prevent foam).
Buing to a boil and boil hard for 2 min. Remove from heat and pour into
sterilized jars and seal with caps and rings. The jelly has a wonderful
flavor and is the consistency of liguid honey.

--
to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"

<http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>