Alan

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:22:52 -0600, "Deb"
> wrote:

>PJ - I'm betting you are a Type 1. I don't think that works the same in
>T1's as it does in T2's.
>

>Peanutjake > wrote in message
>
>> I have been very sucessful in controling my Diabetes by reducing the

>amount
>> of Carbs in my diet.
>> If I limit the carbs to less than 100 grams a day my blood sugar is close

>> normal.
>> Find out all you can about low carbing.
>>
>> PJ

Hi Deb

Chiming in, although I know PJ is more than capable of answering - and
will.

I'm type 2. I don't actually "low-carb", but I do "low-spike". I've
found that sometimes that's the same thing. I can't guarantee that
low-carbing will improve your BGs if you are T2, but I can guarantee
that high-carbing will make you spike and increase your HbA1c.

I follow the testing advice from Jennifer at
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/NewlyDiagnosed.htm.

Are you T1 or T2?

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.