Wayne Boatwright

"Vox Humana" > wrote in
:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> Eric Jorgensen > wrote in

>> I make virtually perfect piecrust, and I spent many years endeavoring
>> to reach that end. For me, I cannot imagine using a piecrust mix or a
>> pre-made piecrust. Others wouldn't hesitate in using those shortcuts.
>> I'm not here to judge, but the final product is evidence itself.

> But the people who wish to suppress the discussion haven't offered a
> strong, rational argument to support the use of mixes. Instead, they
> want to claim that there was an element of judgment subliminally
> advanced because people have the audacity to suggest that mixes have
> major limitations. Frankly I don't care if people eat the mix directly
> out of the box. I think we are moving in a dangerous direction.
> America is becoming a nation where you can't express your opinion
> without people wanting to inject "morality" into the discussion.

You're absolutely right. I see that everywhere, the workplace, the
marketplace, and everywhere in between. For me it also brings to mind the
issue of "political correctness" which I feel has also gone over the edge.
I've gotten to the point that most of the time I'd rather say nothing than
weigh every syllable I speak.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.