Vox Humana

"Mable Fable" > wrote in message
> Hi, I've just started looking at discuss groups, I'm nervous about
> posting here after reading the pumpkin cookie mess, I would have felt
> very unwelcome, IS THIS A PRIVATE GROUP?

Which part of the "pumpkin cookie mess" made you nervous? Was it the part
where people gave their opinions after the OP asked for opinions? Did you
think that people should only post messages that are in agreement with the
OP in each thread? For instance, if I posted a recipe for cheesecake that
included cabbage and peanut butter and called it "amazing cabbage and peanut
butter cheesecake," would it be unacceptable for people to say they though
the recipe was nasty?

What exactly is a "private group?"

Are you aware that there is a MODERATED newsgroup called "rec.food.recipes?"
You can request recipes and submit recipes. Someone screens all the
messages and discards everything else. You can find the online, searchable
archives of that group he http://www.recipesource.com/

Oh, and I should point out that posting HTML/image/audio files to a
non-binary newsgroup is a violation of netiquette. No, I'm not the posting
police, but just someone pointing out reality. Posting from a webtv address
is like waving a red flag on Usenet. That you jumped into a newsgroup with
your HTML and criticism of the group's culture isn't considered a good way
to introduce yourself. If you want to post HTML, it's up to you just as you
can wear a bathrobe to church if you want.

Welcome to the group, Mable!