Phred

In article >,
Kate Connally > wrote:
[...]
>Now some kinds of fudge are easier to make than others.
>I've never had trouble with penuche or peanut butter
>fudge, even opera creams, but chocolate fudge has always
>been a disaster for me. My grandmother made it all the time
>and it was always perfect. I guess she worked out and lifted
>weights or something. ;-)

Nah. Just from wringing out the sheets after boiling them in the
copper.

Most of the fudge of my childhood experience was pretty hard and
almost "crunchy" from what were probably microfine crystals. As a
result of this learned prejudice, I'm not very partial to some of the
bought really "smooth" stuff.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID