Default User

Default Moderator - Administrator

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> You're using Outlook Express to read news. There exists software
> specifically reading news -- Agent, Free Agent, others for Windows;
> NewsWatcher, MacSoup, others for Macintosh. The good ones allow you to
> create filters on posts -- by author, by subject, perhaps by length of
> post. For example, I can choose to highlight the names of certain
> posters so their posts are readily visible when my group's list of posts
> appears. I can choose to'kill' or "kill file" certain subjects or
> posters if I don't even want them to show up on my screen. The filters
> may have time limits (you choose) on them. HTH.

It should be noted that the newsreader that is part of OE is able to do
that as well. It's a matter of learning how to use the tools.

There are good reasons not to use OE as a newsreader, but filtering
isn't really one of them, at least at the level we're discussing. I
haven't used it for a while so I can't give explicit instructions to the
OP as to how to use the kill features.

Brian Rodenborn