Eddie Type 2

I found that too Alan!.........I had to cut the milk as well........As a
side note, I've found that a bit of cream doesn't affect me.........I like
it black too......depends on my mood

Eddie
Type 2

"Alan" > wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 23:01:47 -0500, "Gumbo" > wrote:

>In a small study, Duke University scientists found a link between caffeine
>at mealtime and increased glucose and insulin levels in people with type 2
>diabetes. The finding suggests diabetics should reduce or eliminate

caffeine
>in their diets, according to the report in the August issue of Diabetes
>Care.

And of course, in the other article (which had a wider data base) it
said:

"June 18, 2003 (New Orleans) -- A jolt of java may do more than get you
going in the morning. Drinking four or more cups of coffee a day appears
to help prevent diabetes, Harvard researchers report."

I'll wait until they line all their ducks up. In the meantime I'll
continue to drink my four or five mugs daily :-)

I found that, at breakfast, the carbs in the milk in my coffee were
doing me more harm than the caffeine. So I cut the milk. YMMV.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.