Dave Bell

Scott wrote:
> In article > ,
> Dave Bell > wrote:
>

>>Personally, I'm allergic to wheat, so either bake from scratch with
>>spelt, or look for wheat-free, gluten-free mixes.

> My sister has celiac, and she's also a gastroenterologist. The studies
> she's read indicate that spelt is not allowed.
>
> See also,
>
> <http://www.celiac.com/st_prod.html?p...&sid=91hH9H10F
> 7jv3fD-11104105856.c6>
> <http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/celiac/>
> <http://wheat.pw.usda.gov/ggpages/topics/celiac.html>

Yep, seen most of that. But I have not been diagnosed with celiac sprue.
Actually, I am more allergic (if that's precisely the situation) to
corn, which is often more hidden in ingredients... Put it this way: I
get symptoms from wheat, but not from white spelt. The whoe grain *does*
affect me, but still to a lesser extent than wheat.

Dave