Peggy

"Eric Jorgensen" > wrote:

> Personally, I'm going to try the above mentioned recipe, because there
> are like five cheap cake mixes in my cupboard from about 18 months ago
> when
> my sister was living with me and she was taking a cake decorating class,
> and I've been wondering what the heck I'm going to do with them. One of
> them is a spice cake mix. The other five may end up at the food bank in a
> couple weeks. I'm not sure if they take boxed dry goods, they only seem to
> ask for cans.

You can make cake mix cookies with them.
1 cake mix
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup fun stuff (chocolate chips, nuts, toffee bits, etc.), optional
Frosting, optional

1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs;
stir with spoon until thoroughly moistened. Shape dough into 1-inch balls;
place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. With bottom of glass dipped
in flour, flatten to 1/4-inch thickness.
2. Bake at 375°F. for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are light golden
brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
3. Spread frosting over warm cookies. Let frosting set before storing.
Store in tightly covered container.

~Peggy