Dave Smith

Ferrante wrote:

> I have seldom used angel hair pasta, but after listening to a friend
> say it was he favorite, I got a box and will try it again.
>
> Any simple suggestions on what I can add to it to bring out what makes
> it popular with people. I don't think a heavy sauce would work (might
> overpower it). I thought about adding some butter and garlic with
> sharp Romano cheese. Then I decided to ask the experts and here I am.

I came across an interesting looking recipe in a magazine while waiting
for an appointment the other day for scallops and cherry tomatoes with
angel hair pasta. Toss some sea scallops in corn starch and fry in a pan
with a bit of olive oil for about three minutes. Remove the scallops and
toss in a few cloves of chopped garlic and some cherry tomatoes until the
garlic starts to turn golden. Add some white vermouth or white wine and
reduce it a bit then add some cornstarch with cold water and thicken the
sauce, add chopped fresh basil and return scallops to warm up for about a
minute. Serve on angel hair pasta.