The Cook

Default Moderator - Administrator

"Dee Randall" > wrote:

>Does anyone know?
>
>Just now subscribing to this food newsgroup which has a lot of interesting
>postings - some newsgroups have digressed to unrelated and disturbing
>postings to the extent that they have 80%+ got away from their topic.
>
>But I am wondering if there are no moderators on all newsgroups to persons
>to keep the unrelated "topics" off. Seems to me that there are other
>newsgroups that would be more appropriate. You may say, don't click on
>those posts. I usually don't. One thing you can do is try to remember who
>responded to those unrelated topics and don't click on them again -- but all
>won't want to exercise their brain in this manner - such a waste of time; I
>agree.
>
>If a person's philosophy is an aside such as a postscript to their name,
>well, I'd say you can't do much about those persons except TRY not to click
>on them again if it is not to your liking. But, I think this is a sneaky way
>to get someone to listen to the person's propoganda that you wouldn't
>otherwise give them the time of day.

Some newsgroups are moderated and were set up that way.

Who would you want to moderate this group? Personally I do my own
moderating rather than having someone else telling me what is OK for
me to read.

--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.