Wayne Boatwright

Bill > wrote in
:

> Hey Wayne!
> I bought one of those propane fired turkey fryers last year. If you
> respect the danger involved in using it...it's ok. You need to set it
> up outdoors on a surface that won't be bothered if you spill 375
> degree oil onto it. You basically get that peanut oil up to about 375
> degrees fahrenheit and deep fry the turkey. Before you heat the oil,
> put the turkey in the pot and fill it with water up to about three
> inches from the top, then take the turkey out and see where the water
> level is...this is how high you want to fill the pot with
> oil...otherwise you may cause the oil to run over the sides of the pot
> when you drop the turkey in to cook. If you set it up on your patio or
> driveway...put several layers of newspaper under the pot to absorb the
> oil you spill when lifting the bird out of the hot oil.
>
> I thought the cooked turkey was delicious...much more moist and juicy
> than alot of traditionally oven baked turkeys I have had in the past.
>
> Regards,
> Bill

Hi Bill!
I've eaten deep fried turkey a couple of times at friends and I have to
agree that it's delicious. Having been burned badly by a coking fire once
as a child, however, I think I'm still too leary of attempting this myself.
I'll defer to the experts. <g>

All great tips that you provided, though. Thanks!

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.