Dave Smith

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> For years I've read about deep frying whole turkeys, especially around the
> holidays, and seen various propane contraptions with the burners, stands, and
> pots, none of which seemed safe enough to handle when filled with gallons of
> oil and a heavy turkey.
>
> Today at Walmart, amidst all the propane paraphernalia, I saw an electric
> turkey fryer which would seem much safer than the propane. I didn't look at
> in detail since I don't plan to buy one. It was a large one-piece unit and
> had a hinged lid and, of course, temperature control on the front.
> Interesting...

I would want to make sure that there was enough power in the thing to maintain a
good hot temperature for something with enough fat in it to do a turkey, plus the
turkey. I just can't see a plug in device doing that. I will leave deep fried
turkey to someone who is brave enough to do it. I have had enough hot fat burns
in my life and known people who have had fat fires. I will stick to the oven for
doing my turkey :-)