Virginia Tadrzynski

"TammyM" > wrote in message

> Oi. I'm looking into freezing some baked goods for later use. The
> Pillsbury site sez that custard pies like pumpkin can be frozen.
> The Betty Croker site sez that custard pies, including pumpkin, do not
> freeze successfully. I'm caught between Betty and the Pillsbury doughboy
> (sounds rather naughty...) Who to believe? Anyone have any words of
> wisdom born of actual experience?
>
> On a related subject, all the sites seem to agree that freezing cookies,
> either baked or just the dough, works out just fine.
>
> I'm just trying to find ways to ameliorate that last minute hectic out of
> my mind holiday scramble!
>
> Many thanks,
> Tammy
> Saccamenna, Caulifornia

I made and froze pumpkin and sweet tater pies last year when we had a bumper
crop. Thawed the last one a week or so ago. Not that I recommend keeping
one in the deep freeze for a year, but the taste was fine. Just thawed it
and popped it in the oven to heat through. Wrapped foil around the crust to
keep it from burning, though.

When I froze them, I put them in three layers of aluminum foil first.

-Ginny