Bill Schell

Thanks Ed.

I haven't made wine from these grapes before (Long Island Merlot),
just grapes shipped from CA (to NJ), so they're a very different beast.
I did get to taste the growers own Merlot, which was tasty, so perhaps
he knows what he is talking about. 30% MLF just seems very low to me.
Thanks for the tip on Lysozyme. I didn't know about it. Looks like
a good way to prevent spontaneous MLF in the secondary fermenter and the
bottle.

Bill