K. Reece

Default How do I get to this group on a computor?

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "K. Reece" > wrote in message

> > > According to a CNET article, MSN has dropped Usenet newsgroups from

its
> > > servers. http://news.com.com/2100-1023-237194.html?legacy=cnet
> > >
> > > That means that you would have to either read and post to this (and

> other)
> > > newsgroup(s) at Google Groups or you would have to buy a subscription

> > > news server like New Guy https://reg.pathlink.com/cgi-bin/sub_form

or
> > > Supernews http://www.supernews.com/
> > >
> > > Google is free but sort of slow and awkward and doesn't have any

binary
> > > posts. Speed, user interface, and binary access might not be

important
> > and
> > > Google Groups is probably better than WebTV.
> > >

> > She could also subscribe to newsgroups thru the free German server. I

> know
> > they've recently changed their URL but you might try news.CIS.DFN.DE
> >
> > Unless you've used both Google groups and Webtv you have no way of

knowing
> > which one is better.
> >

> Well Kathy, if you read my message you would have noticed that I said
> "probably better." That is a clue that I am speculating.

That's exactly what I mean, you don't know, you're just speculating and when
you do that there's a high probability of being wrong. In this case you
are, webtv isn't slow and awkward and it does have binary groups. If I was
forced to choose only between google groups and webtv I'd go back to the
webtv.

Kathy