MJ

I had deep fried turkey a couple of times in the past couple of years (i
have never cooked it myself but done by relatives). It was the best turkey i
have ever had..so moist and juicy. The only draw back is..no gravy... and
if you can get past the idea of how bad the peanut oil is for you. Other
than that i would choose deep fried over oven cooked in a minute

"Bill" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 01:18:15 GMT, Wayne Boatwright >
> wrote:
>
> >For years I've read about deep frying whole turkeys, especially around

the
> >holidays, and seen various propane contraptions with the burners, stands,

and
> >pots, none of which seemed safe enough to handle when filled with gallons

of
> >oil and a heavy turkey.
> >
> >Today at Walmart, amidst all the propane paraphernalia, I saw an electric
> >turkey fryer which would seem much safer than the propane. I didn't look

at
> >in detail since I don't plan to buy one. It was a large one-piece unit

and