Wayne Boatwright

Default Cloudy Stainless Steel Frying pan?

(PENMART01) wrote in
:

> Dwight > writes:
>>
>>Our frying pans have developed a white, cloudy stain.

> Not knowing what you've cooked (starchy foods can be the culprit) it's
> possible you have hard water.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> Sheldon
> ````````````
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

If you have a water softener, it's remotely possible it could be the
culprit. Within the last year we moved from a house with a w/s to one
without. We had several large commercial stainless steel cooking spoons
which, at the old house, I had noticed developed a dull, filmy, cloudy
look. They were clean, of course, but I couldn't account for the change
in appearance. After half a dozen washings in the new house (with very
hard water), the cloudiness becan to disappear. It is now totally gone.
Both were good dishwashers using the same detergent. It must have been
the water.

Wayne