MaryL

"Sherry" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> "Gumbo" > wrote in :
>
>> Cran-Apple Oatmeal

> Sounds marvelous, *however* oatmeal shoots my blood sugars way up -
> even the old fashioned kind and it not cooked to mush! I can imagine
> with the added fruit what it would do to me!
>
> I love the stuff too - great on a cold morning.
>
> Diabetes is *so* frustrating sometimes. Sometimes, heck - 99% of the
> time. I just got back from a trip to New Orleans and was unable to
> really enjoy the marvelous food down there because most of it would
> have spiked my blood sugars something fierce.
>
> Sherry

Old-fashioned oatmeal doesn't seem to affect my BG (even when I add a
handful of fresh blueberries to it). That's fortunate because I love it, so
I have that several days a week. However, I have read that steel-cut
oatmeal is much better for diabetics. I haven't seen any in the grociery
stores, so I am going to check with a health food store "someday." Have you
tried that?

MaryL