Xyzsch

>My wife is a "physician/MD" at Yale University, and here is what we do:
>1) We drink ONLY RED wine (MUCH better for health)
>2) Since between us, we drink 1-2 liters/day, we don't pay more than
>$5-7/bottle. (we can not tell the difference anyway, from the
>much-coveted-vintage/chateau-wines, since we always drink with spicy fish &
>veg dishes)
>3) We drink ONLY with the meals (better for health)
>4) Whites, Champagne, and occasional Cointreau and Cognac, only for special
>occasions, once a month.
>5) Avoid beer, due to hi-carbs & calories.
>6) Avoid any OTHER alcohol, due to hi-calories.
>7) Do not worry about liver damage, she is in "oncology" ))
>Cheers,
>Andre

Andre

This seems to be a one size fits all approach, regardless of of your wife's
credentials. One to two liters per day? My
girlfriend drinks little, and I would have trouble handling half that amount of
alcohol on a daily basis. One or two glasses every other day is what my body
can handle. And a blanket condemnation of white wine and beer? This seems to
be a little far-fetched. I try to get lots of water if I drink, avoid spicy
food in general, and take in extra magnesium.

And lo carb diets are the biggest travesty ever fosted on the American public.

Tom Schellberg