Robin Somes

In message >, MOhar871
> writes
>anyone have any clue as to why some of my wine would have mold
>growing on the outside of the cork...these were bottled early in spring
>and there are several with mold...hmmm, i hope it is safe to drink. we
>opened some of them and they are fine inside

I've got a few that have gone like that, too. The bottles are stored in
a garage outside, so I guess the occasionally damp atmosphere helped.
But if I remember correctly, they were a few bottles that I corked and
stored on their sides immediately, rather than letting them stand
upright for a day or two. So it's possible the pressure inside pushed a
little of the wine out before it equalised, and it's the residue of the
wine that's gone mouldy. Anyway, it doesn't seem to have harmed the wine
at all.

cheers,
robin
--