HumbleEmpire

Default Croatian "licitar" gingerbread recipe

I am looking for a recipe for Croatian gigngerbread cookies known as
"licitarka srca" or "licitar hearts". They are glazed with red icing
and ornately decorated. I have never made them before and would
appreciate any recipes and/or tips. So far, I've only seen pictures of
them.

Does anyone happen to know the best way to glaze them? Should I make
a hole in each cookie after baking so I can hang it on a string for
dipping in the glaze and then drying? Are two cookies usually put
together back-to-back with icing, or are the cookies just quite thick?

Thanks!
Sharon