Kyle

Default Truffles in Tuscany!

I know this is short notice, but it's what I got too. Though Alba and
Acqualagna are perhaps the best known areas for white truffles in
Italy, Tuscany also has several areas renowned for the noble tubers,
and beginning this week there will be a series of events between San
Miniato, Volterra, and Palaia, held under the auspices of the
Settimana Internazioneale del Tartufo Bianco delle Colline San
Miniatesi that will run from October 29 to November 9. In particular,
on October 29 the Azienda Agricola San Gervasio will award a prize to
the truffle picker who brings in the best truffle, on November 6th the
city of Volterra will celebrate the first mystery written in Italian.
In addition, throughout the week local restaurants will be adding
truffle dishes to their menus. And there will be truffle markets. If
you're in Italy, it's a wonderful opportunity! And if you're not now,
San Miniato is quite beautiful and well worth a journey; though now
the excitement is about white truffles they also have black truffles
from September though March, and other lesser kinds through May.
Foodies take note!
You'll find more about truffles, truffle festivals, and many recipes
at http://italianfood.about.com/library...y/aa140797.htm, and more
on San Miniato, which is half way between Florence and Pisa and will
make for a perfect day trip, at
http://www.seetuscany.com/itineraries/sanminiat.htm

Kyle Phillips
http://italianfood.about.com