Alan

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:53:03 GMT, Hahabogus >
wrote:

>* Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Chicken With Bacon, Cream And Thyme
>
>Recipe By :Karen Barnaby
>Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
>Categories : Chicken Main Dish
> Poultry

>-------- ------------ --------------------------------
> 4 boneless chicken breasts - (6 oz ea) -- with skin
> 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
> 1 garlic clove -- minced
> 8 slices bacon
> 8 small fresh thyme sprigs
> 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
> 1 cup whipping cream
> Salt -- to taste
> Freshly-ground black pepper -- to taste
>
>Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
>
>Lightly salt and pepper the chicken breasts. Wrap two pieces of bacon
>around each chicken breast, forming an X in the middle of the skin side of
>each breast. Tuck two sprigs of thyme behind the bacon.
>
>Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan that can go into the oven over
>medium-high heat. Place the chicken breasts, bacon-side down in the pan
>and cook until the bacon and chicken skin is browned. Turn over and cook
>until the other side is browned.
>
>Drain off the fat and add the stock or water, cream and garlic. Bring to a
>boil and place in the oven. Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes until the
>cream has thickened.
>
>Remove from the oven and season with salt and pepper. Let rest a few
>minutes before serving.
>
>This recipe yields 4 servings.
>
>Total Carbohydrates: 7.592 grams
>Total Carbohydrates minus Fiber: 7.529 grams
>Carbohydrates per Serving: 1.89 grams
>Carbohydrates per Serving minus Fiber: 1.88 grams
>
>Source:
> "Karen's Gourmet Low-Carb Recipes at http://www.lowcarb.ca"
>S(Formatted for MC6):
> "05-29-2003 by Joe Comiskey - Mad's Recipe Emporium"
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 309 Calories; 32g Fat (91.0%
>calories from fat); 5g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 92mg
>Cholesterol; 225mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-
>Fat Milk; 6 Fat.
>

>Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Hi Haha

This is another of those recipes that puzzle me. I often wonder how some
cookbooks work out carbs etc. The final bit looks right to me:

"Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 309 Calories; 32g Fat (91.0%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
92mg Cholesterol; 225mg Sodium."

But where on earth does that other bit come from:

"Total Carbohydrates: 7.592 grams
Total Carbohydrates minus Fiber: 7.529 grams
Carbohydrates per Serving: 1.89 grams
Carbohydrates per Serving minus Fiber: 1.88 grams"

Did someone dump psyllium husk in the cream?

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.