Hahabogus

"Ol' Hippie" > wrote in
:

> First this IS not a plug for my BBQ sauce wont even give you it's name
> BUT I am trying to create a low carb BBQ sauce (there will be some
> carbs due to the Tomatoes) Sugar is a carb and after doing a lot of
> research and testing Splenda seems to work the best.
> At events I find a large portion of people who won't or can't sample
> my
> sauce because it has so much sugar in it Molasses, Honey, brown sugar.
> My test recipes turn out quite acceptable, no funny aftertaste, but
> there is no "darkening" (carmilazation) that I like in my regular
> sauce and I miss the flavor of the Molasses.
> Does anyone have any suggestions to add the flavor of the Molasses
> without adding Molasses? Sounds impossible to me actually. I will not
> add artificial flavorings.
> Thanks
> Bruce-n-Gold Beach

Why are you trying to make a copy of an existing sauce? Why not branch out
to a different style say a apple BBQ, a Chipotle sauce or a roasted garlic
style sauce...I mean something that tastes good but not your standard
everybody makes molasses type sauce.

Not a

* Exported from MasterCook *

Jenny's Indispensable Almost No Carb Barbecue Sauce

Recipe By :Jenny the Bean (asdlc), modified slightly by Damsel
Serving Size : 27 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : condiments

2 tablespoons SplendaŽ granular -- (18 drops liquid)
1 dash cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum -- optional
1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
15 ounces tomato sauce -- plain
6 tablespoons vinegar
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 tablespoon Frank's Hot Sauce
3/4 tablespoon salt -- optional
1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring

Place Splenda and cayenne pepper into a medium sauce pan. Add xanthan gum,
if you choose to thicken the sauce. Blend mustard into dry ingredients.
Slowly blend in the tomato sauce. Stir in the rest of the ingredients.

Bring to a boil, then lower heat. Let simmer for a few minutes. Let cool,
then refrigerate.

Note: this sauce will taste a bit peculiar if you taste it when it is still
hot. Don't worry! Something magical happens when it sits in the fridge.

Carbohydrates per Serving (1 tablespoon): Less than 1 gram. Half an ounce
is 1 gm carbs, 6 calories.

Source:
""http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/""
Yield:
"1 2/3 cups"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 8 Calories (kcal); trace Total Fat; (6% calories from fat);
trace Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Cholesterol; 301mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat;
0 Other Carbohydrates

NOTES : This isn't a substitute for the "real thing," it's an improvement.
It's so good the rest of the family gobbles it up and I have to keep making
more.

But more of a

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Apple Bbq Sauce

none

1 cup catsup or hienz chili sauce
1/4 cup apple juice/cider
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/3 cup grated, peeled apple
1/4 cup grated onion
2 teaspoon grated green pepper

Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Rub meat with 1 T
pepper, 1 T paprika, 2 t chili powder, 1/2 t celery salt, 1/2 t
ground red pepper and 1/4 t dry mustard before cooking. Baste with
1/2 c apple juice while cooking. Add sauce last 15 minutes.

Yield: 4 servings

Starchless in Manitoba.