Ol' Hippie

Default Carbs sugar & BBQ sauce

First this IS not a plug for my BBQ sauce wont even give you it's name BUT I
am trying to create a low carb BBQ sauce (there will be some carbs due to
the Tomatoes) Sugar is a carb and after doing a lot of research and testing
Splenda seems to work the best.
At events I find a large portion of people who won't or can't sample my
sauce because it has so much sugar in it Molasses, Honey, brown sugar.
My test recipes turn out quite acceptable, no funny aftertaste, but there is
no "darkening" (carmilazation) that I like in my regular sauce and I miss
the flavor of the Molasses.
Does anyone have any suggestions to add the flavor of the Molasses without
adding Molasses? Sounds impossible to me actually. I will not add artificial
flavorings.
Thanks
Bruce-n-Gold Beach