winemonger

Just last evening we tasted some wines from KRAINZ in the
Ljutomer-Ormoz district. These were Sauvignon Blancs that were
imported to Austria and brought over for us to taste here in the U.S.,
with the idea that we might import them. I had no reference point for
Slovenian wine and was very impressed with the quality-for-the-price.
I am sure M.Pronay tasted these as well? We were told that the
Austrian producer Gross is lending some expertise, which I found very
interesting.

At any rate, we are very interested in exploring the possibility of
importing Slovenian wines, so I will send you another email
privately. It really isn't a good idea to send bottles to individuals
in the US (You are totally right, Vino) as even we have had bottles
tied up in customs when they check to make sure we do have an actual
importer license. And I am talking about a small amount of 6 bottles
or so!

So in the best possible scenario, your wines will find a U.S. importer
and then Vino can buy all he wants.

best,
e.
_________