Joe Rosenberg

Regarding shipping sample to the US. In most states you can only ship wine
to licensed importer not a consumer and the labels for the wines must be
approved of by the US Government. However in my days as a broker only when
a government inspector actually opened a container and looked on the invoice
was the issue of label approval brought up and usually with only a warning.
I know occasionally anxious wineries would ship me samples c/o an importer
by air. Customs costs for this were quite high and usually were paid in
advance by the winery. The best advise is to sign up for as many trade
shows in Europe as you can and convince some importer to put your wines on
their next container, the importer then can arrange to get samples to your
consumer friends in the US in as legal way as possible.

--
Joe "Beppe" Rosenberg